Jumps for Girls
Sort your air out & learn how to sail over drop-offs and gaps with grace & poise
Do you freeze up when you approach a tricky drop or jump? Does your body tense, your mind panic and your confidence desert you? And when you do get the better of your fear do you feel you are getting by on pure luck rather than good technique?
If this sounds like you then perhaps our Jumps for Girls course might be able to help. Our highly experienced jumps coaches will take you through the techniques necessary to fly over drops and jumps and to land feather light and in control.
After your course you will receive a massive boost in confidence on drops and jumps so that riding them with skill and in good style will become second nature. Terrain that's seemingly out of reach today should move well within your grasp.
Just to say thanks to Luke for a great days coaching last Monday. We had a great time, he was brilliant and very patient! A great teacher and very encouraging. Can't wait to do it again.
Kathy - Sevenoaks, Kent
The skills usually taught and practiced on this course can include:
- Bike Set-up
- Mind Skills
Relaxing on the bike and staying loose
Riding within yourself to stay in control
Positive thinking and visualisation
Dismissing distractions to maintain concentration and commitment
Developing confidence through fundamentals instead of luck
Manual dropping large roots and steps
Wheelie dropings large roots and steps
Steep committing Rolling drops
Elements of a jump: approach, airtime and landing
Tabletops and doubles (up to a bike length)
Is this course right for me?
Please read the following description. If this sounds like you, then you're perfect for this course:
If you have never received any professional mountain bike coaching before, we strongly suggest that you join our two Level 3 Singletrack Improver courses and practice regularly for at least a month to consolidate the learnings before booking this course
- You are already confident and competent in all aspects of our two Level 3 Singletrack Improver courses
- You have significant experience of riding off road, you are a regular mountain biker (at least once a week), and will have tried red and perhaps black graded singletrack trails before at a trail centre or similar venue
- You have your own mountain bike (we have bikes available to hire if your bike is not available)
- You can already ride confidently on steep, narrow singletrack trails with large rocks, root fans, steps, rollable drop-offs and other technical trail features
- You can already execute a proper Weight Shift Manual and can manual drop small rollable drop-offs (up to 50cm) at walking pace. If you are in any doubt please attend a Singletrack Improver course first
- You are confident with carrying speed around flat and off-camber corners using correct technique; leaning the bike underneath you, weighting the pedals for traction and countersteering. If you are in any doubt please attend a Singletrack Improver course first
- You participant in formal exercise more than twice a week, at least two of these sessions is on a bike and and at least one of these sessions is technical mountain biking
- You can ride up steep terrain at a steady pace
- You can ride for at least three hours comfortably
- You are aged 18 and over unless accompanied by an adult also participating on the course
If this sounds a little beyond your current skill and fitness level, please choose our Singletrack Improver course instead or have a look at our choosing the right course FAQ page.
Although the course is flexible it will usually keep to the following programme:
- 09:15-09:30 Arrival at course venue
- 09:30-10:00 Introductions, equipment check and bike set-up session
- 10:00-10.15 Warm-up ride into the forest
- 10:15-13:00 Singletrack skills coaching and practice
- 13:00-14:00 Lunch break back at start point (bring a packed lunch)
- 14:00-15:30 Coached singletrack ride
- 15:30-15:45 Review and next steps
Singletrack Advanced was insane! In just 4 hours I've become the type of rider I've dreamed of. Luke is amazing, from little bumps to BIG gaps in one morning! The training is fantastic and at no point did I ever feel out of my comfort zone. You guys are amazing, thank you so much.
Jonny - Billingshurst, West Sussex
At the end of your course you will receive
- Personalised Feedback
to remind you of your performance on your course
- An Action Plan
your coach will tell you what you need to do after your course to consolidate your new skills and progress your mountain biking into the future
- 30 Days Free Support
if you have any questions about what you've learned or need any other advice
Get course notes
Find out more about this course including venue information, directions and a full equipment list
© 2009-2023 Astounding Adventures Limited • Company Number 7825247 • Privacy Statement • ☎ 01483 380381