Discover Mountain Biking Experience Day
Experience a thrilling taste mountain biking in the Surrey Hills
So you'd like your kids to experience the exciting sport of mountain biking for the first time, but are unsure where to start them, look no further than our Discover Mountain Biking experience day.
We'll get them moving in the right direction; from selecting the right gear to knowing how to brake safely, we'll give them the skills to get riding off-road for the first time in safety and with confidence.
Then, in the afternoon, we'll take them and their new skills down some easy technical trails to give them a taste of the buzz you can get from this thrilling and rewarding sport.
A couple of weeks ago I didn't have the confidence to ride over a match stick, let alone a rooty trail or a few logs
Doug - Addiscombe Cycling Club
The core skills taught and practised on the Singletrack - Foundations course include:
- The safe mountain bike
- Getting to know your mountain bike
- Balance, movement and 'The Ready position'
- Correct gear selection
- Effective braking
- Negotiating trail obstacles such as small rocks, roots and steps
Although the course is flexible it will usually keep to the following programme:
- 09:15-09:30 Arrival at course venue
- 09:30-10:00 Introductions, equipment check and bike set-up session
- 10:00-10.15 Warm-up ride into the forest
- 10:15-13:00 Singletrack skills coaching and practice
- 13:00-14:00 Lunch break back at start point (bring a packed lunch)
- 14:00-15:30 Coached singletrack ride
- 15:30-15:45 Review and next steps
Is this course right for me?
Please read the following description. If this sounds like you, then you're perfect for this course:
- You're new to mountain biking, may have never tried riding off-road or have tried just once or twice
- You can already confidentally ride a bike, but may not know how to use your gears or brakes correctly
- You can already ride comfortably on the road or smooth off-road trails such as tow paths, forest roads or easy bridleways
- You participate in formal exercise at least once per week, though not necessarily on a bike
- You can ride on flat or moderately steep terrain at a steady pace
- You can ride for at least an hour comfortably
- You are aged 18 and over unless accompanied by an adult also participating on the course
If this sounds sounds a little too basic, please choose our Singletrack Fundamentals course instead or have a look at our choosing the right course FAQ page.
This is the first cycling coaching I have paid for and it won't be my last with Singletrack School!
Paul - Oxshott, Surrey
© 2009-2019 Astounding Adventures Limited • Company Number 7825247 • Privacy Statement • Contact Us