Stop avoiding the black lines & sail over tricky drop-offs and gaps
Do you freeze up when you approach a tricky drop or jump? Does your body tense, your mind panic and your confidence desert you? And when you do get the better of your fear do you feel you are getting by on pure luck rather than good technique?
If this sounds like you then perhaps our Singletrack Advanced course might be able to help. Our highly experienced coaches will take you through the techniques necessary to fly over drops and jumps and to land feather light and in control.
After your course you will receive a massive boost in confidence on drops and jumps so that riding them with skill and in good style will become second nature. Terrain that's seemingly out of reach today should move well within your grasp.
Great day on Sunday on your Singletrack Advanced course. It was the perfect blend of pushing the boundaries while acknowledging they're there in the first place
Sandy - Woking
The skills usually taught and practised on the Singletrack Advanced course can include:
- Bike Set-up
- Mind Skills
Relaxing on the bike and staying loose
Riding within yourself to stay in control
Positive thinking and visualisation
Dismissing distractions to maintain concentration and commitment
Developing confidence through fundamentals instead of luck
Elements of a jump: approach, airtime and landing
Doubles (up to a bike length)
Is this course right for me?
Please read the following description. If this sounds like you, then you're perfect for this course:
If you have never received any professional mountain bike coaching before, we strongly suggest that you join a Level 3 Singletrack Improver course and practise regularly for at least a month to consolidate the learnings before booking this course
- You are already confident and competent in all aspects of our Level 3 course - Singletrack Improver
- You have significant experience of riding off road, you are a regular mountain biker (at least once a week), and will have tried red and perhaps black graded singletrack trails before at a trail centre or similar venue
- You have your own mountain bike (we have bikes available to hire if your bike is not available)
- You can already ride confidently on moderately steep, narrow singletrack trails with large rocks, root fans, steps, rollable drop-offs and other technical trail features
- You can already execute a proper Weight Shift Manual. If you are in any doubt please attend a Singletrack Improver course first
- You participant in formal exercise more than twice a week, at least two of these sessions is on a bike and and at least one of these sessions is technical mountain biking
- You can ride up steep terrain at a steady pace
- You can ride for at least three hours comfortably
- You are aged 18 and over unless accompanied by an adult also participating on the course
If this sounds a little beyond your current skill and fitness level, please choose our Singletrack Improver course instead or have a look at our choosing the right course FAQ page.
Although the course is flexible it will usually keep to the following programme:
- 08:45-09:00 Arrival at course venue
- 09:00-09:30 Course commences, introductions and equipment check
- 09:30-13:00 Singletrack skills coaching and practise
- 13:00 Course ends
Just a quick note to Singletrack School for an excellent course; which I’m desperate to get back out in the hills to practice the content. The course content and pace were spot on, and the instructors gave solid descriptions and useful feedback
Jon - Dorking, Surrey
At the end of your course you will receive
- Personalised Feedback
to remind you of your performance on your course
- An Action Plan
your coach will tell you what you need to do after your course to consolidate your new skills and progress your mountain biking into the future
- 30 Days Free Support
if you have any questions about what you've learned or need any other advice
Optional afternoon guided ride
What better time to put into practise all your newly acquired skills than to join us in the afternoon for a superb guided singletrack ride around the local hills and valleys.
Our Singletrack Explorer guided rides are perfect for people who have attended our morning Singletrack Advanced Course. The ride costs just £40.00 and usually last around 3 hours.
Get course notes
Find out more about this course including venue information, directions and a full equipment list
To book online please click on your preferred date
Peaslake VillageSurrey Hills
- 3Places remaining
- ✿ Women only course
- ☻ Kids course (12-16 years)